We could all use a little more confidence, am I right? Even the most successful people in the world have struggled with insecurities at some point in their lives.
One of my most successful clients, who now has a multiple 7-figure business, doubted himself before he took the leap in the middle of the pandemic and went for his dream. He wasn’t sure if he could make things work. Would he fail miserably? Would he disappoint his family? Would he lose all his money?
Doubt Is a Normal Part of the Human Experience
Self-doubt and fear are a normal part of life, especially when you’re in the process of majorly up-leveling. It’s human to think doubtful thoughts and feel insecure when you’re trying to make a shift towards something better.
However, most of us don’t realize how powerful our thoughts are. Pondering all the negative “what ifs” when going for something we want does nothing but hold us back from our dreams. Our thoughts affect our feelings, our feelings affect our actions, and actions affect results.
A lot of times, we don’t even realize the negative stories we tell ourselves and that they hold us back. We’re so used to believing that we don’t have what it takes to accomplish a goal – whether it’s landing the dream job, finding a loving relationship, or through hiking the Appalachian Trail – that we never take action.
So how do you break the cycle of negative thoughts that are keeping you from realizing your dreams?
Enter Positive Affirmations for Confidence
Using affirmations is a great way to start shifting your mindset so that you start thinking more positive thoughts and feeling empowering emotions. Changing what’s going in your inner landscape will drive you to take meaningful action in the direction of your dreams.
If you’ve recently experienced a setback or failure, instead of dwelling on that experience and beating yourself up, choose an affirmation that feels better and gives you a boost of confidence.
Try something like “I am learning and growing” or “I am trusting the process and I know that setbacks are a normal part of the path”. Doesn’t that feel so much lighter than “I’m a failure”?
Shifting the internal story you tell yourself will build your confidence and boost your chances of success. By being kinder and more compassionate with yourself, you’ll open up space for new inspiration and new ideas to flow. And you’ll simply feel better about yourself!
For a full guide on what affirmations actually are, how they work, and how to choose the most effective affirmations for you, make sure to check out this blog post!
How to Get the Most Out of Affirmations for Confidence
My favorite way to use affirmations for confidence is to say them aloud with movement. Choose a pose or a move that makes YOU feel confident and say the affirmation with conviction.
This deliberate combination of a thought, an emotion, and a physical movement is extremely powerful. This process will help ground the affirmation in your body and help your brain take on the affirmation as part of your identity.
Here are some ideas to for poses and movements to help you embody your affirmations for confidence:
- Star pose from yoga (check out instructions here)
- Wonder woman pose (hands on hips, legs firmly planted a bit wider than hips distance, tall posture)
- When doing something physically challenging, like climbing a hill when hiking or biking
- While dancing to a high-energy song
- Or some combination of the above 4!
It doesn’t matter what your fitness level is or what body type you have – there’s something about combining an affirmation with a physical movement that helps you BE the person who is confident. Try it out!
50 Affirmations for Confidence You Can Use Right Now
- I can do anything that I desire and that pulls at my heart.
- My future is bright and I can’t wait to see it unfold.
- I am more than capable of achieving my dreams.
- I trust myself and my abilities.
- I am building momentum every day.
- I am becoming unstoppable.
- I am unconditionally worthy of everything I want.
- I can accomplish anything I truly want.
- I already have everything I need within me.
- My power is unlimited.
- I am confident that I am on the right path.
- My intuition is growing stronger every day.
- My confidence is growing steadily.
- I have incredible unlimited potential.
- I am ready and willing to step out of my comfort zone.
- I am giving myself permission to celebrate every little success.
- I am growing with every challenge.
- I am creating my dream life every day.
- I inspire people around me.
- I am an awesome person.
- I believe in myself more and more.
- I’m proud of my accomplishments.
- I am willing to trust the process.
- I am growing every day.
- I radiate confidence.
- I can do anything.
- I am successful in everything I do.
- I have what it takes.
- I choose to be courageous even when I feel fear.
- I am truly and deeply enough.
- I welcome challenge because I know how much I grow.
- I am exactly where I am supposed to be right now.
- I love how confidence feels.
- I am brave.
- I choose courage over comfort.
- I release all thoughts that do not support me feeling confident.
- I already have everything I need within me.
- I am becoming a better version of myself all the time.
- I am willing to let go of my insecurities.
- I am learning and growing all the time.
- I am perfectly imperfect.
- I am worthy just the way I am.
- Today is a new day and I get to shine.
- I am motivated to tap into my true potential.
- My confidence is growing and expanding.
- I love the person I am becoming.
- I deserve to be happy, successful, and abundant.
- I get to choose confidence today and every day.
- I can do amazing things.
- I am limitless.
More Affirmations Goodness
If you enjoyed this list, you’ll love my beautiful affirmation cards that you can print at home! Be sure to check out them out in my shop – I’ve got two options: